The Annual Fund is Craig School’s yearly appeal for unrestricted donations to help support the current year operations of Craig School. The Annual Fund appeal is directed toward the entire Craig School community beginning in early fall. Gifts may be made from July 1 to June 30 for each Annual Fund year.
Download the brochure: Annual Fund Brochure (click here)
Why do we need these funds?
- It costs Craig approximately $3,800 over and above tuition to educate each student. The Annual Fund helps make up that difference.
Why not simply raise tuition?
- If tuition were raised, many families could not afford to send their children. The result would be a drop in enrollment, higher tuition costs, and cut-backs in the educational program. For these reasons, nearly all private schools engage in fund-raising activities to close the gap between tuition and operating costs.
Who gives to the Annual Fund?
- All constituencies of the school engage in annual giving: faculty and staff, trustees, current and past parents, grandparents, alumni, corporations, foundations and friends. Historically, the Annual Fund has received support from 100% of the Craig faculty and staff.
Where does my money actually go?
- Every penny goes into supporting the mission of the school whether it is for hiring and retaining the most qualified and dedicated faculty and providing them with professional development opportunities; or ensuring state-of the-art technology, educational strategies and materials; or funding a full complement of enrichment and athletic programs.
My giving capacity is limited, can’t someone with "deeper pockets" pick up the cost?
- The higher the percentage of donors, the more leverage an organization has in procuring grants from corporations and foundations. One should never feel that a gift is too small. We hope that all Craig families will support the school and understand that a gift to the school is an investment in a child’s future.
How much do people ordinarily give?
- Gifts to our Annual Fund have ranged from under $25.00 to over $25,000.00. The "bottom line" is that every gift, no matter the amount, is important and genuinely appreciated.
How do I make a gift?
- Gifts of cash (check) are the most common form of support and may be made out to The Craig School. A gift may be pledged over the fiscal year and fulfilled by June 30, or paid in one lump sum. It may also be charged to your VISA or Mastercard. Gifts of appreciated securities are another way to support the school and may also provide the donor with a significant tax savings. Since Craig is a 501(c)(3) corporation, gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
- Donations can also be made online through Craig's secure PayPal site:
Can I direct a United Way contribution to Craig?
- Yes, many companies strongly urge their employees to give to United Way. Craig School’s United Way code is 011176. If a friend is giving to United Way, but doesn’t have a favorite charity, ask him or her to designate Craig as a recipient organization.
What are matching gifts and how do I find out about them?
- Many companies will match some or all of an employee’s charitable contribution. If your employer has a matching gift program, you may obtain a form from your company’s personnel office and send it to Craig. We complete the form and mail it to the company’s matching gift office.