Self-Regulation and Planning
Support Sessions: These designated morning and afternoon periods are blocks of time set aside each day where every teacher in the school is available to provide academic support to every student.
- Support periods can be initiated by students, teachers, or parents. If a student is having a difficult time with either a subject area or a specific lesson in a subject area, they may request to meet with that teacher during support
- Support may take the shape of a day-to-day decision in which a student chooses which teacher they may need toIn other cases, some students have a set weekly support schedule to follow.
- Parents are encouraged to contact teachers directly to share insights into student progress or challenges and make suggestions for support in specific subject areas for
- Teachers also have an opportunity to designate students for supports based on concerns of classroom progress or specific content
- Teachers may also request entire groups for continuation of content material or as study groups prior to upcoming assessments.
- Support also allows students who receive related services to stay current in any class that they might miss due to their individualizedIf a student is pulled for a related service, they will be scheduled to meet with that teacher during support.